As part of our 40th Anniversary celebrations, we thought you might like to get to know a little more about the staff and volunteers that make us who we are!
- Why did you start working at Melton Theatre?
- It was an opportunity to do something completely different. I was on secondment from another department and I enjoyed it so much I’ve never left!
- What do you enjoy about working here?
- The great team spirit with all the staff and volunteers that are a part of the Theatre. We really couldn’t do what we do without the support of our Front of House and technical teams.
- How long have you worked for Melton Theatre?
- Since June 2011.
- Who or what has been your favourite star/show/experience with us?
- My favourite star has to be the very humble Mr Lee Evans who thanked us for having him at our Theatre. My favourite experience had to be the Wrestling, when the families attending had such a great time. The smiles on the faces of the children were infectious..
- Can you let us know of your funniest experience/incident at the Theatre?
- I received a call to go back stage during Rob Beckett’s show, it was October 31st and he’d been invited to a fellow celebrities party that evening after the show in London. He’d bought his outfit and needed his face paint doing during the interval to make a quick escape afterwards. I’ve now added make up artist to the stars to my CV!
- What was the first show you remember here?
- I came as a patron to see Nazareth in 2006. I’d enjoyed their music for quite some time and was very excited to see them at my local theatre!
- What are your hopes for the future?
- I want to see the planned refurbishment works completed and more people enjoying the Melton Theatre experience.
- How has the theatre changed over the years?
- I believe the breadth of shows offered and customer satisfaction has improved tremendously.
- What does the theatre mean to you?
- It means the staff and volunteers (the team) the audience and the visiting companies/artistes who make the whole experience wonderful.