As part of our 40th Anniversary celebrations, we thought you might like to get to know a little more about the staff and volunteers that make us who we are!
- Why did you volunteer with Melton Theatre?
- It was a natural progression from my on stage roles with Melton Mowbray Amateur Operatic Society (Now The Melton Musical Theatre Company) to a role with Front of House.
- What do you enjoy about volunteering here?
- Seeing a variety of shows, helping the public and meeting people
- How long have you volunteered with us?
- 40 years
- Who or what has been your favourite star/show/experience with us?
- Meeting Ken Dodd. He was still on stage at 11:30pm! Monty Don was also very good, hopefully we’ll see some more gardening based shows soon.
- Can you let us know of your funniest experience/incident at the Theatre?
- In “Kiss Me Kate”, Kate hurls flower pots at Petruchio. They always landed in the orchestra pit. On the final night the orchestra decided they’d throw them back!
- What was the first show you remember here?
- My first show at the theatre was actually as a performer in MMAOS’ “Lock Up Your Daughter”
- What are your hopes for the future?
- That the theatre will go from strength to strength and that I and my team will continue to welcome the paying customers, and make their experience happy and safe.
- How has the theatre changed over the years?
- We have a good variety of shows now and more professional acts.
- What does the theatre mean to you?
- An interesting evening out, doing something that I enjoy.
Think you’d like to join us as a volunteer, visit here for more information or call us on 01664 851111